It’s the end of the year, and we stand at the edge of a brand new one. In less than 10 hours (as I am writing this) we will roll the calendar over to a brand new page – a new start – a new beginning.
This time of year always seems to bring many ups and downs of the emotional roller-coaster with it. It is time to reflect and recap. It is the time to finish one year well and begin another with a clean new slate. It is a time to look back and remember, but also a time to look forward with hope and anticipation for what’s to come. Which can just as easily send you (or me) on another round of the emotional roller-coaster.
Recent events with my ministry, Dare 2 Hear, has had me re-evaluating. Not only do my husband and I co-pastor a church together, but I also have a separate non-profit ministry which I run, so my schedule is overly full most of the time. Certain events have had me taking stock of what I am doing, why I am doing it, and what needs to change. (I know, I used the dreaded word “change”).
This last year has been a year of change; I even wrote a blog post: The Journey through Change, which came in as the #5 most viewed post of the year. Change is not my favorite word or season to be in but it is inevitable. It all depends on how we embrace it. I have chosen to make the most of it and grow in the process.
As I look back at this year and the things that I accomplished personally, and ministry wise, I am content. No matter what the roller-coaster of emotions may have been throughout the entire year, the overall sense I have, is of contentment and satisfaction. During the year as I was “busy” doing life, ministry, and everything in between, it seemed like I wasn’t making any headway or forward progress. However, as I stand at the end of the year and take stock, I realize I made more progress than I even thought possible at the beginning of 2015.
Some of the Highlights of 2015 for me were:
- Finally starting this blog! Yep, on April 13, 2015 I posted my very first blog post on my newly redesigned site! I started writing consistently, learned how to do my own graphics and take my own pictures. (Which is a huge accomplishment. It is important to note: I no longer cut the heads off of people when taking pictures! Woo hoo!)
- I have been asked to guest post and even been featured on some other blogs.
- My book “Milk, Eggs, Prophecy – A Healthy New Take on the Radically Ordinary Nature of Prophecy” went to print and was released right before Thanksgiving and the e-book will be launched in the first few weeks of January 2016. Also, I finally got my training manual which has been in print since 2007 listed on Amazon and the Spanish version will be up soon as well.
Would you like to be a part of the launch team for Milk, Eggs, Prophecy – A Healthy New Take on the Radically Ordinary Nature of Prophecy? If so email me for details at: email@example.com
- I held my very own Writers Workshop where I got to teach, impart, and inspire others to step out and start writing. I received such a great response and positive feedback that I will be doing it again soon.
As you look back at your 2015 what word would you use to describe your year?
While this year has been a year of change, and came with many challenges and disappointments, it has also been a year of breakthrough and bounty just as the Lord promised it would be.
It seems funny to me, that as I stand at the end of the year and look back, I would say I am content. I am satisfied. Things didn’t always go the way I had planned and that roller coaster of life had way too many ups and downs, but at the end of it all I am so glad I was along for the ride and that I trusted God along the way.
As I was asking God what 2016 might bring for the greater body of Christ as a whole, He said “2016 is a Year of Taking New Territory!” I will be writing a blog post on this next week and sharing what I feel the Lord has revealed to me.
In case you missed them, here are the top 3 most viewed posts of 2015.
- Will you Sit with Me
- 9 Steps for Breakthrough
- Invasion of Glory (my very first bog post) & Be Still (tied for the #3 spot)
As you close out 2015 and enter 2016 May you look over this past year with Gods perspective! No matter what 2015 brought you, know that God has great things in store for us all as we move forward in 2016. May you receive all He wants to pour into you this next year.
Happy New Year & Many Blessings to you,
My Post: “Will You Sit with Me?” was featured here:
My Post: “The Journey through Change” was featured here:
I have been know to link to the following Inspirational Parties: