I am so excited for this Summers Tune In Thursday Guest Blogs! Y’all, are in for a special treat, as we have some very special guests joining us over the summer each week.
Today’s guest is Sarah Geringer. I love that Sarah is a big dreamer with God and she has taken bold steps of faith to get her towards those dreams. If you missed her post last week on the “Power of Praying Big” Go check it out. She will challenge and motivate you as well. Sarah has a heart for others to understand that no matter how busy their life is that they can still fit in time with God.
Thank you Sarah, for sharing your heart and your battle plan for bringing peace to the month of August with us today at Tune In Thursday. I encourage you to leave comments below for Sarah, and don’t forget to link up your posts below.
Enjoy and Blessings,
Sarah Geringer is the author of three self-published books and blogs regularly at sarahgeringer.com. She loves writing in the morning, reading in the afternoon, and enjoying family time in the evening. Sarah lives in her beloved home state of Missouri with her husband and three children.
Follow Sarah on social media:
Seeking Peace in Busy August
Guest Post by: Sarah Geringer
August has long been a month of trials for me.
- As a child, I felt nervous about new faces and new teachers.
- As a high school student, I felt worried over social pressures.
- As a college student, I wondered how I could possibly balance work, school, and downtime.
- Now, as a wife and mom of three and a full-time freelancer, I’m juggling even more balls in August. Working, exercising, carpool, cooking, and cleaning…the list heats up as summer winds down. Oh, and my tomatoes will soon ripen and need processing too!
Will this late-summer gearshift ever stop? Not according to my older, wiser friends. Life will keep getting busier in future Augusts.
It’s high time for me to change my attitude toward the busy, pressured August days. I don’t want to see August as a burden any more. I want to find the blessings hidden in this special, God-given month.
I’m meditating on my chosen verse for 2017 this August:
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in You. Isaiah 26:3 NLT
I can find peace this August by keeping my mind steadfast on…what?
- On God’s character…He is sovereign over all that happens in my world. I don’t need to worry because He’s in control. I can praise God for His sovereignty.
- On God’s timing…His plans are perfect. He is never behind schedule or in a hurry. If I want to be more like Him, I need to stop dawdling AND stop rushing.
- On God’s purpose…He gives me many things to do because they allow me to live out His purpose for my life. Being a wife, mother, and writer are His perfect purposes for me, and I can expect those purposes to keep me busy. I can be thankful for my purposes.
- On God’s provision…When I feel overburdened, stressed, or tired, I can turn to God for strength. I can rely on Him to provide the energy I need to complete all my necessary tasks, and the wisdom to cut out ones that aren’t as important.
- On God’s love for me…He waits for me to meet with him every morning. He walks alongside me all day long. He calls me into His presence each night before I go to sleep. He wants to be with me because He loves me! I can rejoice over this.
Keeping my mind steadfast on God shows my trust in Him.
God knows August isn’t my favorite month. He knows it feels jarring to my calm, steady nature. Yet He knows change is good for me and for my family. He wants to keep me moving forward, and each year He gives me a new push into the future when August comes around.
In August, I’m seeking greater peace by studying nature. I’m pausing to listen to the cicada sounds on my evening walks. I’m studying the slanted late-afternoon light, which tells me autumn is just around the corner. I’m watering my tired flowers, coaxing them to bloom a few more times before frost hits. I’m picking a few sturdy magenta zinnias from the garden and marveling in their glorious forms.
Pausing to ponder August’s beauty brings needed rest to my soul in these busy days. On my evening walks, I lift my cares up to God. I lay out all the junk and ask Him to help me sort it out. I ask Him to sift through my trials and teach me the valuable lessons. I seek His guidance on the path that lies ahead. These August prayer walks with God give me the peace I’m seeking as I dwell in His presence.
How are you finding peace this August?
Sarah has a brand-new video series titled “Finding Peace in the Busy Back-To-School Season” Click on the link below to sign up today!
Again Welcome and Thank you for joining me for #TuneInThursday it is an honor to have you here!
I have had a few people ask for a badge/button to display on your blogs. I would absolutely be honored if you would display it, or link back here in some way. Thank you!
Now let’s get this party started, feel free to link 1-3 posts:
Do you wonder if God still speaks today? Do you wonder if He would ever speak to you personally? Do you long to hear the voice of God in your life?
Have your read other books on hearing from God, but long for hands on practical application? or are you looking for ways to move you forward hearing from God?
If you answered YES to any of those questions, then I have exactly what you need. I now have an online e-course designed to equip you in understanding that God still speaks today, and He longs to speak directly to you, through His word, and others. He longs to encourage you, strengthen you and comfort you. The training on this site, is fully based on Scripture, and taken from my training manual Releasing God’s heart through Hearing His Voice.
I have been teaching these classes internationally for the last 10+ years equipping and training believers in discerning the Ways God speaks. God is speaking, Can you Hear Him?
2. My new membership site, d2htrainging.com has official opened, I invite you to check it out today, and develop a deeper relationship with the Lord, as you learn to hear Him speak to your heart.
Looking for other Great Inspirational Parties. Click Here to see where I Link-Up weekly.
Several Submissions have been featured at Blessed Transgressions, an Online Magazine:
My Post: The Power of your Story was featured here:
My Post “What’s in a Name?” was featured here:
My Post: “Will You Sit with Me?” was featured here:
My Post: “The Journey through Change” was featured here:
Again, I have been know to link to the following Inspirational Parties: